Well this is the week of the Mandarin Festival. Life is very busy getting everything ready. This week we feature recipe from the 2018 Mandarin Festival Cookbook. The cookbook will be available at the festival at the Logo Store and the Cooking Stage. It’s $5 each or the set of five cookbooks for $10. I hope you all come out and support me and local events.
- 24-ounce beef meatballs
- ½ cup mandarin orange marmalade
- ½ cup Mayhem Mike's Whiskey Barbeque Sauce
- 1 mandarin
- ¼ finely diced white onion
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- Place first five items in a slow cooker.
- Stir and let simmer 1 hour. Garnish with green onions.
Mandarin Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon slivered toasted almonds
- 1 cup mandarin oranges chopped
- ¼ cup Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Sandwich roll of choice
- Butter for toasting
Combine first seven items in a large bowl, mix well. Take your roll of choice and slice, spread butter on both sides and place in pan to brown. Once toasted, remove the roll and spread the chicken mixture across the roll. Serve.