Seniors First of Placer County is an amazing local nonprofit organization making a huge difference in our community. Over the past year, Seniors First has:
- Served nearly 25,000 hot meals to hungry seniors
- Arranged more than 12,000 rides to medical appointments and other essential services
- Provided more than 2,000 hours of friendly visits to homebound seniors
- Provided nearly 5,000 referrals to callers seeking program and service referrals for Placer County seniors
- Performed more than 250 home safety repairs to low-income seniors
- Provided 9,000 hours of recreation and respite in adult day care for seniors and their caregivers.
All Seniors First programs and services are offered on a free or limited-cost basis to Placer County seniors, making individual and corporate gifts and donations an absolute necessity.
Your tax-deductible gift will improve the quality of life for a senior in need by helping Seniors First provide a hot meal, transportation to a medical appointment, a friendly visit, a home safety repair and other numerous valuable services.
Your gifts make an impact:
- $25 will cover the cost of five hot meals in one of our cafeterias
- $40 will fund the mileage reimbursement costs for a Friendly Visitor volunteer to visit an isolated senior each week for a month
- $100 will provide home-delivered hot meals for four homebound seniors for an entire week
- $250 is the average cost of materials spent on home modifications and safety repairs to ensure a senior’s living facility is safe and secure
- $350 will cover the cost of 70 hot meals or enough to provide a hot meal to 14 seniors for an entire week
- $500 covers the cost of transportation for 20 seniors going on essential errands such as grocery shopping, doctor or dentist appointments, pharmacy pick-ups or visits to a local food closet or Senior Cafe
- $1,250 provides a hot meal for a senior Mondays through Fridays for an entire year.
Seniors First is grateful to many local organizations for their financial support of Seniors First. Their gifts enable the organization to sustain life-enhancing programs and services for Placer County seniors.
These partners can be found at the Seniors First website at seniorsfirst.org. Additional information is also available on programs and services, how to get involved, news and events plus further resources for seniors.
Since 1971, this organization has been expanding to meet the growing needs of Placer County.
Gold Country Media applauds the efforts of Seniors First, making Placer County the incredible place we call home!