Inspired by a recent article in the Auburn Journal (June 17), here is my version of “10 Things You Have to Do Before You Call Yourself a Real Auburnite.”
1. Go to taco Tuesdays at the The Club Car for $2.50 tacos and Coronas.
2. Have a locally brewed beer while enjoying some food from the daily food truck at Knee Deep Brewing Company.
3. Cool down with a dip in the American River at No Hands bridge at the Confluence.
4. Find a way to walk on the catwalk underneath the Foresthill Bridge.
5. Go white water rafting down one of the forks of the American River.
6. Enjoy the day hiking to the waterfall and many other trails at Hidden Falls park.
7. Have mimosas and brunch after a night of drinking at Awful Annie’s Auburn.
8. Get your sweat on at one of the award-winning yoga studios in town.
9. Take in ‘50s nostalgia and classic cars at cruise nights in downtown Auburn.
10. Spend an evening catching up with old classmates on the night before Thanksgiving at Pistol Pete’s bar.
Do you have any to add? Love to hear your thoughts and comments.
Michael Bosby, Auburn