comments

It's a total loss

Mobile home destroyed Sunday night
-A +A
A mobile home at the end of Mason Road in Weimar was declared a total loss following a fire that broke out late Sunday evening. “When the first engine arrived, the house was partially involved,” said Placer Hills Fire Protection District Chief Ian Gow said. Believing the resident was inside, the firefighters searched the interior of the house, but pulled out when they determined she was not inside. They were able to salvage some of the resident’s belongings. Gow believes the fire started in the electrical wiring. In addition to the home, about one-half acre of adjacent wildland burned. The woman is staying with friends and family in the area. “It was really hot and dry,” Gow said. “The crews were exhausted.”